As a professional marketer, my smile is basically my business card. It’s the feature I’m most likely to list as my favourite about myself, and – like my skin – it’s something I have to wear every day. Since I’ve always liked my smile, it’s long been a focal point in my beauty routine to ensure my teeth and lips are well taken care of. Some might call me “obsessed” (I’d call them correct) with my teeth: I have toothbrushes everywhere from my car to my office and in both bathrooms at my house.
Over the years, I’ve swapped brands and tried new styles of toothbrushes, including electric toothbrushes. I’ve almost always landed back on the traditional, plain-Jane soft bristle brush. Since I have a tendency to brush too hard, especially when I’m stressed out, I hopped on the chance to test the new electric toothbrush from Smile Brilliant: the cariPRO Ultrasonic Toothbrush.
In the past, I’ve not loved electric toothbrushes for a number of reasons:
- the head was too small
- the batteries died too often and needed to be replaced/ re-charged
- my teeth didn’t feel clean enough
- they took up too much space on my counter
- the single-speed was too slow or too fast
- I didn’t feel as though I had control over the clean I was receiving
With some hesitancy, I opened my cariPRO Ultrasonic Toothbrush and read through the enclosed manual. I was surprised to note the multiple cleaning options, from sensitive to whitening. I also loved that it doesn’t come with a bulky, hideous base for charging but rather a little cord and base that’s discrete and easily tucked away.
The cariPRO Ultrasonic Toothbrush comes in a neat package complete with one extra cleaning head, the manual, and the charger. As a marketer, I’m always a little picky about the design of the packaging and I was pleased with the clean lines and design choices (I’m a bore, I know). I especially liked that there wasn’t a bunch of bulky and unnecessary packaging involved – no heaps of plastic to land in the trash bin.
I’ve long known Smile Brilliant for its unique whitening systems, so their foray into toothbrushes wasn’t shocking but I wasn’t sure if they’d be a one-trick pony. Plus, given I’ve literally never liked an electric toothbrush, I was skeptical at best and even a little pessimistic if I’m totally honest.
My first use was a combination of comical and pathetic. Unaccustomed to the vibrations (which, btw, there’s 40k per minute!!), I began drooling and excitedly jumping up and down telling Marc that my mouth was numb. Since I hadn’t paid good enough attention to the manual, I didn’t realize I was meant to stay in one quadrant of the mouth for 30 seconds until I was given the double-vibrate to swap sections. Needless to say, I needed another shot.
Also: I had toothpaste drool everywhere.
After two weeks of using the cariPRO Ultrasonic Toothbrush, I’m excited to have a new staple in my beauty/hygiene routine. Once I got accustomed to the vibrations, I actually started looking forward to my two-minute routine. It hits the mark for me for a number of reasons:
- I have a “just left the dentist” clean feeling after every use!
- Gentle brush strokes mean I’m not damaging my gum tissue and contributing to my already receding gum line (a result of brushing too hard!)
- The multiple cleaning options mean I can get the clean I want, comfortably, each time, which means I feel in-control of my oral hygiene
- I like the White at night, and stick with Clean or Sensitive in the morning
- The Gum Care setting is great for cleaning along the gum line
- Massage is best when combined with another cleansing mode (like Clean, Sensitive, or White) to ensure you get each of your pearly whites cleaned appropriately
- The charge lasts for two weeks (about 30, pre-timed cleanings), and doesn’t take long to complete after your first 24-hour charge
- My teeth look whiter without having made any other changes to my day-to-day oral hygiene or intake of coffee and red wine
- The cleaning heads are easily switched and not expensive
- The head comes with a tongue scraper on the back, so you can get rid of all those pesky bad-breath bacteria
So, am I a convert? Yes and no. There’s certainly still a place for my plain-Jane toothbrush in my repertoire – it just happens to be at my office! I’m so happy with my cariPRO Ultrasonic Toothbrush that I know I’ll be ordering replacement heads the minute I need one.
Final verdict: I definitely feel like I have LOTS to smile about. From whiter teeth to a cleaner-feeling mouth, plus the reassurance that I’m not further damaging my gums, the cariPRO Ultrasonic Toothbrush is definitely here to stay.
If you would like to give it a try, click through here to save 30% on your cariPRO Ultrasonic Toothbrush: https://www.smilebrilliant.com/gb/imashleymi