Today was a long day.
Like, a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong day. In fact, I’ve only slept about 4 hours since I got up for work at 5 am on Wednesday morning. Why? you ask? Well, being the medical anomaly that I am, I landed myself in the hospital just before midnight and stayed in the ER until after 8 am.
In spite of feeling awful, I decided to recap all of the things that deserve a thumbs up again this week. Being cranky certainly won’t make me feel any better, so I figure it’s high time I break out the positivity again.
So, without further ado, here are the things that deserve a Thumbs-Up this week!
1. I finally got the mailbox at my apartment fixed! As lovely as it is to pretend that I don’t have bills, the reality is that I do and now that I can actually physically hold them, I feel a lot better about paying them. Extra bonus: I had a credit balance on one of them! Woohoo!
2. I had the opportunity to paint my nails in peace and quiet this week. Any Mom will tell you how hard it is to do that with a kid around. My kidcation hasn’t been the glamorous, R&R adventure I was anticipating but I can totally get behind pretty nails!
3. I got a free lipstick at Sephora (as part of a reward for being a loyal customer). I was also the second customer in Atlantic Canada to receive the VIB Rouge status with Sephora. It’s both exciting and embarrassing. Don’t ask how much I spent to get to that in the last year.
4. Even though I spent more than eight hours in pain, sitting under a thin blanket in the emergency room, the ER staff deserve a real thumbs-up for how hard working they were. Plus, I recognize how fortunate I am to be able to go and spend eight hours in the Emergency Department of the hospital and receive treatment – even if I unfortunately left with more questions than answers and a head full of worry.
5. OK, I know this hasn’t happened yet BUT… RED COMES HOME TOMORROW! And if that’s not reason to celebrate, nothing is!
2 thoughts on “Thumbs Up for Thursdays (July 25)”
Feel better soon, Ashley! On the bright side, you have a great attitude!